Fall 2022 Applications
Priority Deadline – May 15
Apply to join the Georgetown SMP, or attend one of our monthly webinars to learn about postbacc programs and what Georgetown has to offer.
As of April 14, 2021, based on University guidelines presented by President John DeGioia, all incoming undergraduate and graduate students beginning Fall 2021 will be required to have the COVID vaccine prior to arrival.
Since 1975, Georgetown University School of Medicine has conducted a one-year special program leading to a Masters of Science degree in Physiology called the Special Master’s Program (SMP). The program is tailored to college graduates who wish to strengthen their credentials for application to U.S. medical schools.
- SMP is the first and longest-running program of its kind and is highly respected by medical schools because of its rigorous medical curriculum.
- SMP students take classes alongside the medical students in the Georgetown School of Medicine and are graded directly against them.
- A comprehensive support system assists students in their medical applications and in the program.
- Courses are taught by outstanding, awarding-winning professors, including the authors of Netter’s Essential Physiology by Dr. Mulroney and Dr. Myers.
- SMP has added another campus location in Georgetown Downtown. Students will experience the same rigorous coursework and have clinical and volunteer opportunities
- Graduates are admitted into schools across the country, including Georgetown School of Medicine.