As of April 14, 2021, based on University guidelines presented by President John DeGioia, all incoming undergraduate and graduate students for Fall 2021 will be required to have the COVID vaccine prior to arrival.
The Georgetown SMP will be hosting monthly webinars about the different types of Postbacc programs that exist, and what programs Georgetown has to offer. Please RSVP at the links below.
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Thursday, May 27, 2021
Fall 2021 application portal is now open. Deadline to apply is May 15th, 2021.
Since 1975, Georgetown University School of Medicine has conducted a one-year special program leading to a Masters of Science degree in Physiology called the Special Master’s Program (SMP). The program is tailored to college graduates who wish to strengthen their credentials for application to U.S. medical schools.
What is the Special Master’s Program (SMP) at Georgetown?
- SMP is the first and longest-running program of its kind and is highly respected by medical schools because of its rigorous medical curriculum.
- SMP students take classes alongside the medical students in the Georgetown School of Medicine and are graded directly against them.
- A comprehensive support system to assist students in their medical applications and in the program.
- Courses are taught by outstanding, awarding-winning professors, including the authors of Netter’s Essential Physiology by Dr. Mulroney and Dr. Myers.
- SMP has added another campus location in Georgetown Downtown. Students will experience the same rigorous coursework and have clinical and volunteer opportunities
- Graduates are admitted into schools across the country, including Georgetown School of Medicine.