The Special Master's Program
Welcome, SMP Class of 2014!
WE ARE GEORGETOWN - WE ARE THE SMP!
ON-LINE CHAT ROOMS January 29th (9-11AM) and February 6th (11AM-1PM)...We're here to answer your questions. Instructions on signing in are found at:
Applications are now OPEN for the class beginning August, 2014
The application deadline is May 15, 2014
Supplemental materials (transcripts, letters, etc) will be accepted after May 15th.
Since 1975, Georgetown University School of Medicine has conducted a one-year special program leading to a Masters of Science degree in Physiology. This program, called The Special Master's Program (The SMP), is tailored to college graduates who wish to strengthen their credentials for application to U.S. medical schools.
The Georgetown Special Master's Program
- is the first and longest running program its kind.
- is highly respected by medical schools, with a rigorous medical curriculum.
- has the most comprehensive system for supporting students in medical applications and in the program.
- has outstanding, awarding winning professors lecturing in medical and graduate courses, including the authors of Netter's Essential Physiology (Mulroney and Myers).
- students take medical classes along side the medical students.
- has an exceptional Medical Director for Community Outreach, who oversees discrete clinical and research opportunities for the SMP students.
- has graduates entering schools across the country (including GUSOM, their state schools and a long list of other schools).
Get ready for the most challenging year of your life!
- Is The SMP right for you?
- Application to The SMP
- Course Listings
- Accepted Students
- Waitlisted Students
- Tuition and Financial Aid