WE ARE GEORGETOWN - WE ARE THE SMP!
One year, leading to a lifetime of success
Applications are closed for the class beginning Fall 2014 .
Supplemental materials (transcripts, letters, etc) will be accepted after May 19th, and all completed applications will be reviewed for possible admission.
Since 1975, Georgetown University School of Medicine has conducted a one-year special program leading to a Masters of Science degree in Physiology. This program, called The Special Master's Program (The SMP), is tailored to college graduates who wish to strengthen their credentials for application to U.S. medical schools.
The Georgetown Special Master's Program
- is the first and longest running program of its kind.
- is highly respected by medical schools, with a rigorous medical curriculum (courses taken with GUSOM medical students, and graded against them)
- has the most comprehensive system for supporting students in medical applications and in the program.
- has outstanding, awarding winning professors lecturing in medical and graduate courses, including the authors of Netter's Essential Physiology (Mulroney and Myers).
- students take medical classes along side the medical students, and are graded directly against them.
- has an exceptional Medical Director for Community Outreach, who oversees discrete clinical and research opportunities for the SMP students.
- has graduates entering schools across the country (including GUSOM, their state schools and a long list of other schools).
Get ready for the most challenging year of your life!
Is The SMP right for you?