WE ARE GEORGETOWN - WE ARE THE SMP!
One year, leading to a lifetime of success
VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE AND CHAT
Feb 12th and Feb 19th
Chat with all biomed grad programs at Georgetown will start at 9am
SMP reps will be available from 10am-12pm
We have rolling admissions, and will start sending decisions out starting in November. If you are on our waitlist, please visit the waitlist page for information.
[Application deadline is May 15th--Supplemental materials (transcripts, letters, etc) will be accepted after May 15th, and all completed applications will be reviewed for possible admission.]
Since 1975, Georgetown University School of Medicine has conducted a one-year special program leading to a Masters of Science degree in Physiology. This program, called The Special Master's Program (The SMP), is tailored to college graduates who wish to strengthen their credentials for application to U.S. medical schools.
The Georgetown Special Master's Program
- is the first and longest running program of its kind.
- is highly respected by medical schools, with a rigorous medical curriculum
- students take medical classes along side the medical students, and are graded directly against them.
- has the most comprehensive system for supporting students in medical applications and in the program.
- has outstanding, awarding winning professors lecturing in medical and graduate courses, including the authors of Netter's Essential Physiology (Mulroney and Myers).
- has an exceptional Medical Director for Community Outreach, who oversees discrete clinical and research opportunities for the SMP students.
- has graduates entering schools across the country (including GUSOM, their state schools and a long list of other schools).
Get ready for the most challenging year of your life!
Is The SMP right for you?