- Tuition is subject to change each academic year. For the 2018-19 academic year tuition for the SMP is $52,037. Payments are due in two installments at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters. Tuition waivers are NOT available from the Department. For more information, please refer to the Tuition and Fees page.
- Books: All books can be purchased from the Georgetown University Bookstore or online. There is no official booklist. Former SMP students, that will be M1's at GUSOM, will speak at Orientation about what books are worth buying. Wait until after Orientation before buying anything. Estimated cost for books is approximately $350 per semester, but many of the books are available on-line free through our medical library.
- Note-Taking Service: The Georgetown University School of Medicine has a student-run note-taking service that provides class notes for all medical school classes. Subscription to the note-taking service is available for an additional fee each semester. You will learn more about the note-taking service and how to sign up once you arrive on campus.
- Miscellaneous Fees: All full-time students at Georgetown University are required to pay an athletic facility fee; this is added onto your tuition bill.
- Financial Aid for the SMP is available in the form of both federal and private loans. It is recommended that you begin the process of applying for financial aid as soon as possible. Unfortunately, tuition waivers or grants are not available from Georgetown University. There are a few scholarships avaiable for U.S. Citizens.
Scholarship applications for the Hoyas for Science and DC/MD/VA are due 2 weeks after SUBMITTING the online application.
Please see the links below for qualifications.
Hoyas for Science (20% of tuition costs) - open to anyone who can uniquely contribute to the diversity of the BGE community. See the factors considered here: https://biomedicalprograms.georgetown.edu/admissions/scholarships/hfs
DC/MD/VA ($10,000 ($5k/semester)) - https://biomedicalprograms.georgetown.edu/admissions/scholarships/dmv
Additionally, the SMP has a few merit based scholarships (5k - $2500 per semester) that are awarded to the incoming students with the highest academic credentials from his or her undergraduate career. You do not need to apply to be considered for this - all students admitted will be reviewed for these scholarships. You will be contacted directly if you are selected for a merit based scholarship.
- Financial aid for SMP students is taken care of through the Office of Student Financial Services on the Main Campus NOT the Medical School Financial Aid Office. If you applied to, and were wait-listed at, Georgetown University School of Medicine and filled out financial aid forms from the medical school, YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FAFSA FOR MAIN CAMPUS. It is important that you do so, otherwise your financial aid could be seriously delayed.
- For more information on financial aid, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services at 202-687-4547.