Provided on this page are links to other websites related to applying to medical school. Many previous Physiology students have found these sites useful. In addition, there are links to sites for other programs similar to the SMP. These sites are not necessarily endorsed by Georgetown University.
Applying to Medical School
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) From this page, you will be able to link to just about all relevant information on medical schools. You can find names, address, phone, numbers, and websites for all U.S. medical schools, information on registering for the MCAT, as well as other news about the medical community.
- AMCAS Site for the central application for allopathic medical schools.
- Association of American Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM) This page provides information about osteopathic medicine, including what it is and links to all Schools of Osteopathic Medicine in the U.S.
- AACOMAS Site for the central application for osteopathic medical schools
- Feedback from Medical School Interviews This site provides feedback on the interview process at the different medical schools. Students who have interviewed provide their interview experiences at the different schools. Feedback ranges from accommodations to questions that were asked.
Medical School Admissions Advice
- Medical School.com Contains various information on medical schools, applying, interviews, etc.
MCAT Review Courses
Links to Sites with Information on other Special Masters-type Programs
All of the sites below have links to a number of programs throughout the United States for medical school applicants who are looking to improve their credentials. They describe programs similar to the SMP as well as programs for disadvantaged students and post-baccalaureate programs for students needing to finish their pre-medical course requirements
- AAMC-Postbaccalaureate Premedical Programs
- Syracuse University Health Professions Advisory Program
- SUNY at Stony Brook Prehealth Advising/Faculty Committee on Health Professions
- Career Services, University of Pennsylvania