Congratulations on your acceptance to the Georgetown Special Master's Program!
We look forward to meeting you and working with you in the upcoming year. To ease your transition to Georgetown and Washington, DC, this page contains valuable information to answer many of the questions you probably have regarding your upcoming move and the upcoming year. Please use these pages as a resource, but do not hesitate to call should additional questions arise. Again, we look forward to meeting you in August, and celebrating your successes!
We will ask you to select the campus you would like to join (GUMC or GTDT) after the April 15th deposit deadline, and we will honor your request if seats are available at that location. (Early application is suggested). If you are accepted after April 15th, you will still be asked your campus preferance--if the campus you request is filled, you will be placed on a waitlist.
Orientation for the Class of 2019 is:
August 2nd & 3rd, 2018, 10:00 A.M. (GUMC campus)
August 9th & 10th, 2018 (for the GTDT campus)
August 6th, 2018 (GUMC campus)
August 13th, 2018 (GTDT campus)
CHECK THE SMP2018 GOOGLE GROUP FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
AMCAS APPLICATION: If you are accepted, and are going to attend the SMP, we strongly encourage you to apply to medical school (for August 2018 matriculation), before you come to orientation. The program faculty and staff will be working with you during the application cycle, but you should have your AMCAS application in since you are actively working to improve your application by attending the SMP. Please see our AMCAS page for additional information. There will be very few exceptions, and if you are not applying this year (expired MCAT, not positive you want to go to medical school), please contact us prior to orientation. The reasons should NOT include your undergraduate academic record or MCAT...you would not be accepted to the SMP if we didn't think you had great potential!
When you matriculate, please review the information on the Current Student webpage, and use it as a resource throughout the year. This will provide you with graduate student guidelines, as well as important dates and information to help you make the most of your Physio year and beyond.
PLEASE LOOK THROUGH THE LIST BELOW FOR ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS!
- If you've had testing accommodations in the recent past, contact Amy Richards IMMEDIATELY, so she can get your information in process. This needs to be done at least 3 weeks before orientation (although if you're accepted late, it's OK).
- Forms- Health and Insurance form links
- GoCard- The official identification card of Georgetown University students.
- AMCAS application information
- LGBTQ Resource Center
- Map of Georgetown Medical Center
- SMP Course Numbers- Use these to fill out your AMCAS application
- School of Medicine Student Webpage
- Start of School and Major Break Dates
- Transportation to GUMC campus
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Things to Take Care of Before You Get Here
- Academic Calendar and Refund Schedule
- Clinical Key (on-line resource for medical sciences textbooks)