Tuition and Financial Aid Information
- Tuition is subject to change each academic year. For the 2013-14 academic year tuition for the SMP is $46,787. Payments are due in two installments at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters. No tuition waivers are available from the Department.
- Books: All books can be purchased from the Georgetown University Medical Bookstore. The book list will become available one week before classes begin. Estimated cost for books is approximately $350 per semester.
- Note-Taking Service: The Georgetown University School of Medicine has a student-run note-taking service that provides class notes for all medical school classes. Subscription to the note-taking service is available for an additional fee each semester. You will learn more about the note-taking service and how to sign up once you arrive on campus.
- Miscellaneous Fees: All full-time students at Georgetown University are required to pay an athletic facility fee; this is added onto your tuition bill.
- Financial Aid for the SMP is available in the form of both federal and private loans. It is recommended that you begin the process of applying for financial aid as soon as possible. Unfortunately, no scholarships, tuition waivers, or grants are available from Georgetown University.
- Financial aid for SMP students is taken care of through the Office of Student Financial Services on the Main Campus NOT the Medical School Financial Aid Office. If you applied to, and were wait-listed at, Georgetown University School of Medicine and filled out financial aid forms from the medical school, YOU MUST FILL OUT ADDITIONAL FORMS ON THE MAIN CAMPUS. It is important that you do so, otherwise your financial aid could be seriously delayed, resulting in you not receiving aid until October or later.
- For more information on financial aid, and to obtain the appropriate forms to fill out, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services 202-687-4547.